Christie & Simon
A KZN wedding! We recently had the the amazing opportunity of combining our love for travel and wedding photography. Being Cape Town wedding photographers, we probably live in one of the most beautiful provinces of South Africa. However, nothing gives us a bigger thrill than jetting off to shoot a destination wedding. You tend to see the world through different eyes. Nothing beats the creative anticipation of being able to shoot somewhere new.
ON FINDING OUT THIS WOULD BE A KZN WEDDING!
At our initial meeting all was going well. Simon, the groom mentioned: “There is one small problem.” “What’s that?” we answered, hearts sinking into our stomachs. What could the problem be? Was the meeting going to go south from here onwards? “The wedding is in Kokstad” announced Simon. I remember feeling my eyes light up. There was a sudden look of relief Simon’s face the moment he realized that we would be willing to travel. And that it was NOT a problem at all! All was good and well in the land of wedding photography. In fact, this was quite a feather in our caps, as both Simon and Christies families are avid photographers. Simon himself is a film maker for Gambit Films.
What privilege it was to be part of such a special day! Christie and Simon’s KZN wedding was on Christie’s family farm just outside Kokstad in KZN. This farm has seen its fair share of both love and heartache. On the wedding day, however there was nothing but a WHOLE lot of love and togetherness!
Oatlands farm was transformed into a magical wonderland. Never ever have we seen an entire community stand together like this. The final product, one of the most unique wedding venues we have ever photographed. The attention to detail was beyond amazing. In every little nook and cranny there was something to photograph. The farm itself, with the old dairy and the magnificent scenery is a photographers dream! Just throw in 2 loving families and their friends, a couple of crazy bridesmaids and best men, a few Greek traditions and the most beautiful and in love couple, and work is not a job!
This was honestly a celebration of life and love. One did not have to look very hard to believe that fairies do exist!
Christie and Simon, thank you for trusting us to capture your special memories. And thank you to your families for the kind hospitality. We will never ever forget your magical KZN destination wedding!
WHAT WE LOVED ABOUT THIS WEDDING!
- The immense sense of community. From special ladies doing flower arrangements and making crystal fairy gardens to someone baking miniature toffee apples.
- Family members doing the “sun dance” to keep away the ever threatening Kokstad thunder showers.
- The cutest and most dainty little flower girls.
- The most beautiful backdrop we have ever had for family photographs.
- The groom and his bestmen practicing their moves for the Zorba the Greek Extravaganza.
- The fact that after the 3 days spent with these incredible families, we felt more like friends than wedding photographers. For this we will be eternally grateful.